Our Path to Sustainability
The leadership and employees of TruPayroll support environmental sustainability. We believe in doing our part to make our community and world a better place for all of us today, and for future generations.
We also feel it is our responsibility to be a guide to others that may wish to pursue environmental sustainability.
However, there are four things that slowed us down:
- Time and Knowledge:
- As much as we would love to spend time becoming expert on environmental sustainability, we have day jobs. We needed a sustainability program that was current with global trends, without us having to build it.
- If we ask others to follow us, we need to have a program that is scalable. If we build a custom program for our company, odds are, it would not be consistent with globally-accepted protocol and also would not be a scalable solution that others could follow.
- Due to consumer demand, many companies are exaggerating their sustainability efforts (ie, greenwashing) to gain the financial benefit that comes from consumers believing your company is sustainable.
- Due to the above, the majority of consumers disbelieve a company that makes sustainability claims without being certified/verified by a recognized/respected program that uses a 3rd party audit.
- To lead others, we needed to be credible.
- From a practical standpoint, we needed to find a program that we could afford and that had a reputation for positive ROI.
We therefore needed a pre-built, scalable, credible, affordable program that would work for us and that we could recommend to others. We did our research and found what we needed.
Our Edenark Group ISO 14001 Program
TruPayroll needed a sustainability program that was credible, scalable, affordable, and did not overwhelm us in terms of time commitment.
The ISO 14001 is the world’s largest and most respected environmental sustainability standard. It is being used by over 400,000 organizations globally.
- This addressed our need for a credible and scalable program.
The Edenark Group ISO 14001 program is designed and built for small to mid-sized companies like TruPayroll.
- This addressed our need for affordability and time-sensitivity.
TruPayroll can now identify, monitor, manage, and improve its environmental performance within a global standard; but at a price and time commitment it can afford. The best part is we can now be a guide to others as they pursue their sustainability journey.